The pool is not only an interesting game but also offers great flexibility too. In the section below, find about the 5 different types of table tops for pool tables and their benefits. It shall help you when you decide on the table topfor pool table.
- Standard: This type of table top for pool tables is made for playing the regular game of pool only. One needs to be careful if he wishes to use it for any other gaming purpose. This table top is very fragile and must be handled carefully. But the benefit of this tabletop is that it is just the perfect one for playing a regular pool game or a tournament. This type of tabletop is meant for indoor use only.
- Bumper: The biggest advantage of this tabletop is that it is strong and versatile. Without changing the layout you can easily play different variations of pool games too. Furthermore, you can even turn these table tops into poker tables as well. If you are having a small space in the game room then this type of tabletop is perfectly suited for that as it does not consume much space.
- Conversion: This type of tabletop is not only very popular but also highly demanded too. This tabletop offers great flexibility too and offers various other functions as well. As the name goes for this type, the tabletop can easily be converted into a dining table or ping pong and hockey table too. The multiple-use feature of this tabletop makes it perfect for home use.
- Folding: This table top can be folded and kept aside whenever the need arises. The advantage of having this is that it allows you to shift this table top in different places very easily. It is strong, stable, and offers greater flexibility too.
- Automatic Return: This tabletop does not have regular drop pockets like the other ones. The advantage of this table top is that it returns the ball from the pocket automatically. You do not have to move around while playing. This table top is very strong and durable as well.
I’m Allen Perez. I have a passion for billiards and own my own billiards store. I enjoy playing and studying the game, and sharing my knowledge with others. Visit my store to find everything you need for billiards.