People love playing billiards but one thing that often confuses them is a snooker table and a pool table. Although they may come across as one and the same, they are different. Here is a guide that will help you learn the features that mark a difference between snooker table vs pool table and what makes them different.
Snooker table vs pool table size
- The first feature differentiating these two tables is the snooker table vs pool table size.
- The snooker table is a bit bigger than a pool table and stands lower than the pool table. Pool tables are an estimated 8ft while snooker tables are an estimated 10ft.
How high should a pool table be
- The standard height of a pool table is around 8ft to 9ft. This measurement is done from the floor to the pool table’s bed.
- If you are planning to buy a new pool table, make sure you buy one that meets this height criteria.
How high should a snooker table be
- The standard height of a snooker table is between 11ft to 12 ft and the bed of the snooker table falls low.
- The height of a snooker table is usually taller than a pool table. Hence, keep this in mind when purchasing the same.
How much bigger is a snooker table to a pool table
- There are many people who wonder how much bigger is a snooker table to a pool table and the simple answer is a snooker table is bigger than a pool table.
- A standard snooker table is around 11ft to 12ft while a standard pool table is around 8ft to 9ft. The snooker table also has more pockets than pool tables consisting six pockets although the size of these pockets are relatively smaller.
Are snooker tables bigger than pool tables
- One of the major differences between a snooker table and a pool table is that a snooker table is a lot bigger and taller than a pool table. A snooker table also tends to be lower than a pool table.
- Although pool tables may not be bigger than snooker tables, when it comes to other features, pool tables take the win. Pool tables have larger pocket sizes and they also have bigger balls than snooker tables.
Many people have the question: are snooker tables bigger than pool tables and the answer to this isa dead giveaway that helps one differentiate between a snooker table and a pool table. Snooker tables are usually bigger than pool tables and they also have more pockets and different numbered balls.
What is the standard size of pool table
- The standard size of a pool table is between 8ft to 9ft. Pool tables are generally smaller than snooker tables but they are higher, have bigger balls, and have bigger pockets.
- The surface area of a standard pool table is 9.32ft by 4.65 ft while the standard cue size is 58”.
These are the major differences between snooker table vs pool table and you have to keep these features that differentiate the two tables in mind so that you do not end up getting confused when purchasing the same.
What is the difference between a pool table and a snooker table?
There are many differences between a pool table and a snooker table. The standard height of a pool table is 8ft to 9ft while the standard height of a snooker table is 11ft to 12ft. A snooker table stands lower than a pool table and a pool table is higher than a snooker table. Snooker table has a total of six pockets which is more than a pool table but the pocket sizes of a pool table are bigger than the ones in a snooker table. Pool table also has bigger balls and the number of the balls in the two tables are also different.
Can you play snooker on a pool table?
Yes, you can play snooker on a pool table albeit you need to adjust a few things here and there. If you are playing it casually, you can play it without the adjustments but if it is a serious game, you might want to look up for some guides about the changes you need to make in the table.
Is snooker harder than pool?
Many players believe that snooker is harder than pool. This may be because a snooker table is big but the balls and pockets in the table are small. Moreover, snooker also requires more skills and concentration than pool which is why many players may find it more difficult.