Bumper Pool is a game that is generally played on a rectangular table. It is fitted with cushioned obstacles that are called bumpers. In this article, we will see the steps on how to play bumper pool briefly. The billiard table has got only two pockets.
How to play bumper pool?
If you are looking for a game that can be played with your friends then the bumper pool is the best choice for you. You will have to figure out a way where you can give your best shot to place the balls in the scoring hole. You will require a bumper pool table and some cute sticks.
- Set up method:
- In this method, you will have to place the five red balls on the opposite side of the table. When you will give your first shot, the red balls will strike the table where the white bumpers are sitting. Your scoring hole has to be just on the opposite side from where you stand. And the scoring hole of your opponent will be on the side of the table where you stand.
- Many people ask this question that how to play bumper pool and it is important to know the right steps. You will have to position the white balls that are five in number on the opposite side of the table. Then place the other two remaining white balls on the left side and the rest on the right side. The red and the white balls should remain just opposite to each other of the scoring hole.
- You will have to keep in mind that you should play against one single opponent. This is a game that is played with a friend or in a group. Playing with a team is more beneficial because you get support. You will also come across all the experienced people who will tell you about all the rules and the strategies nicely.
- Gameplay method:
This is another popular method where you will get to know how to play bumper pool nicely.
- You will have to start the game where the player will spot the ball to the right. You will find bumpers on the opposite side of the table. You have to give your shot in such away so that it will rebound at one angle. You will easily score high. This is a game where the players decide who will take the next shot. You can also do a countdown where you along with your opponent will hit the balls at one time. Here the shot balls will not collide with one another.
- Suppose if your ball will hit the scoring hole first then you will be the first one to go. If there is a tie that is both the balls of yours and your opponents’ go first then you can consider the left side ball. Check the scoring hole and try shooting again then.
- If you are the first player then you can try one shot in a go. You can also use the walks and the bumpers already and give a shot. Your ball that has been shot will hit the scoring hole fast. It will go straight. You have to get the balls to come towards the middle of the table.
- If the first player has missed his or her shot then the game does not stop there. It continues to be played between the players. Each of the balls will get a shot from either side of the table. You will have to angle your shots in such a way where the ball will bounce off the walls. It will straight go into the scoring hole. Here you can hit only one ball at a time. However, if you follow other rules there you can hit multiple balls at a time. You will have to talk to your team members to make sure that the game is played smoothly.
- On each turn of yours, you will be able to hit a new ball if you want. You can also continue to play on the previous ball that was your target. As you keep on playing, you will start gaining new experiences. You will come to know about the moves and also the penalties.
- If you want to know how to play bumper pool then you cannot miss the most important factor. You cannot place the ball accidentally on your opponent’s scoring hole. If that happens you will be disqualified from the game. So, you will have to be very careful while you play the game.
3. Tips and Foul method:
- You will have to face the bumpers. You need to angle the shots and place the balls fast. Try to beat the opponents by stranding at a place from where you can knock their balls. Try to play defense. You will gain some extra time for winning.
- You will have to block the scoring hole. If the opponent might unknowingly knock your ball in their scoring hole then it is a benefit. You will automatically get two balls in your scoring hold.
1. Can you use another player’s ball to win the game?
You can only use your own ball with the cue stick. The balls may hit your opponent’s ball but you cannot sink them. If that happens, the game will end there for you. Your ball will also remain pocketed. So, try to use your own ball and give it a shot.
2. Do you need to move the ball for the second shot?
No, you do not have to move the ball from its original place. You will have to play from where it is standing still. If the ball has moved from its original location due to any external factor, then you may continue to play the game ahead.